How to reach us
The closest airport to land is Catania Airport
. Then there are 3 way to arrive in the village of Acqualadroni (also know as Acqualadrone).
- Renting a car in the airport and driving to Acqualadroni village. Basically you need to arrive to the city of Messina using the motorway A18 (~80km); then continue through motorway A20 (Palermo direction, around ~20km), exit in the junction "Villafranca Tirrena", and turn right in the state road S.S. 113 (Messina direction), pass the villages of Rodia, S.Saba and SpartÓ before to turn left when you see "Acqualadrone" indication (~12km). Going down almost to the end of road to arrive to the residence.
See below for the map.
View Larger Map
- Bus from Catania Fontanarossa Airport to Messina Central Station and then use the public bus 80. This bus ends its journey in Acqualadroni village.
- Train from Catania Central Station to Messina Central Station and then get off from the train and use the public bus number 80, as wrote in the previous point.
If you arrive in Sicily by car, the journey to arrive in the village of Acqualadroni will take you around 30-40 minutes. There are 2 ways to arrive in the residence.
- By Motorway. After getting off from the ferry boat, you need to take into the motorway A20 (Palermo direction, ~12 km), exit at junction called "Villafranca Tirrena" after the pay points, turn right into the government road S.S 113 (Messina direction, ~12km), pass the villages of Rodia, S.Saba and SpartÓ and finally turn left when you see the Acqualadrone indication (~12km).
See the map below for the details.
- By Government road (suggested). After getting off from boat take the road called "Viale della LibertÓ" and then S.S. 113 (Palermo direction ~20km). Pass the villages of Sant'Agata, Ganzirri (and the lake of Ganzirri), Torre Farro, Mortelle and turn right when you see the Acqualadrone indication. Follow this road (you need to get closer to sea) almost to the end and you arrive in front of the residence.